This spicy pasta dish will keep your mouth watering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (26 ounce) jar classico tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) box barilla rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 6 leaves basil, finely chopped
- olive oil
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 1Bring water to boil in large pot.
- 2Empty Classico sauce into saucepan and heat on low.
- 3Add Vodka to the sauce at your discretion.
- 4Add heavy cream while stirring until sauce is orange in color.
- 5Allow sauce to reduce while stirring occasionally. In the meantime, sautee onion in pan with a liberal amount of olive oil over medium heat. When onions begin to turn pinkish in color or lose their redness
- 6turn off heat and mix in the basil.
- 7Add basil/onion mix to the sauce along with salt, black pepper and
- 8cayenne pepper and allow to continue cooking on lowest heat stirring occasionally.
- 9When water is at a rolling boil, add Rigatoni and cook until firm, stirring occasionally.
- 10Turn the heat for the sauce off, taste the sauce. If the sauce tastes a little bitter add sugar, if it isn't spicy enough add more red or cayenne pepper to your liking. I am a spice addict so I have toned the spiciness of this recipe down a bit.
- 11When pasta is cooked, strain it and place in large bowl and stir in some olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Serve sauce over pasta with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Alla Vodka Arrabiata
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.3
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 258.7 mg
- Sodium 109.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce