Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This spicy pasta dish will keep your mouth watering.
Make and share this Rigatoni Alla Vodka Arrabiata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (26 ounce) jarclassico tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) boxbarilla rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 6 leaves basil, finely chopped
- olive oil
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- asiago cheese, freshly grated
- Bring water to boil in large pot.
- Empty Classico sauce into saucepan and heat on low.
- Add Vodka to the sauce at your discretion.
- Add heavy cream while stirring until sauce is orange in color.
- Allow sauce to reduce while stirring occasionally. In the meantime, sautee onion in pan with a liberal amount of olive oil over medium heat. When onions begin to turn pinkish in color or lose their redness
- turn off heat and mix in the basil.
- Add basil/onion mix to the sauce along with salt, black pepper and
- cayenne pepper and allow to continue cooking on lowest heat stirring occasionally.
- When water is at a rolling boil, add Rigatoni and cook until firm, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat for the sauce off, taste the sauce. If the sauce tastes a little bitter add sugar, if it isn't spicy enough add more red or cayenne pepper to your liking. I am a spice addict so I have toned the spiciness of this recipe down a bit.
- When pasta is cooked, strain it and place in large bowl and stir in some olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Serve sauce over pasta with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese.