Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
One of Rachael Ray's awesome Italian recipes :]
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄3 lb pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 few grinds black pepper
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When water is rolling, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente, about 8 minutes, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
- While pasta cooks, heat large skillet over moderate heat. Saute pancetta in a drizzle of oil until it browns, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and crushed pepper flake. Saute garlic 2 minutes.
- Add wine or stock to the pan and reduce liquid by half, 2 minutes.
- Beat together egg yolks, cheese, and while whisking vigorously, stir in a ladle of the boiling pasta water.
- Beat in parsley and pepper and set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta to pan with sauce.
- Toss pasta with pancetta, then add egg mixture and toss 1 minute, then remove from heat. Continue to toss until sauce is absorbed by and thickly coating the pasta.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve with extra cheese, for passing.