Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
As prepared at a wonderful Italian restaurant on West 18th Street in NYC called "Le Madri." Simple to make, yet so "delicioso."
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 lb grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
- Peel the casings off the sausages and break the meat into small chunks. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-low heat, until cooked through; drain off the fat and crumble the sausage into small pieces.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet with the sausage and mix well. Add the cream and cook over medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente, drain and add to the sauce. Add the peas and grated Parmesan cheese, and mix until the pasta is well coated.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
It was excellent!!! Quick and easy . Great for a fast supper that tastes like it took alot longer to make.