Recipe by Satyne
Taken from here. http://italianfood.about.com/od/pastabasics/ig/The-Pasta-Shapes-Gallery/Rigatoni--Slender-lined-tubes.htm Cooking times are estimates only
Top Review by lazyme
This was really yummy and so simple. I used canned tomatoes with roasted garlic but followed the recipe otherwise. Loved the flavor. Think that I might add a little more cream next time, but it was great as is. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Photo Tag.
- 350 g rigatoni pasta
- 6 links mild Italian sausage
- 300 g plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and chopped (canned will work fine)
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- freshly grated cheese (either Romano or Parmigiano as you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the casings from the sausages and crumble them into a pan with the sliced tomatoes. Cook them, covered, over the lowest possible flame for an hour.
- Time the lighting of the flame under your pasta pot so the water will come to a boil when the hour's up; at this point salt the pasta water and cook the pasta, while stirring the cream into the sauce.
- Continue to simmer the sauce until the pasta's done.
- Season the pasta with the sauce and serve it with the grated cheese, and a zesty young red wine.