Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Every time I make this. I get a compliment on how good it is. Never any left overs.
- 2 lbs rigatoni pasta
- 24 ounces canned tomato sauce (plain)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 quart heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce grated romano cheese
- 1 ounce bacon bits
- 1⁄2 ounce Italian parsley, chopped
- In a medium sauce pan, heat oil until hot. Add garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, red pepper, black pepper, and basil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Add heavy cream and vodka. Stir to mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Boil rigatoni according to package instructions (do not overcook).
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained pasta with cream sauce. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with grated cheese, bacon, and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
I made this last night for my family. I added Italian Sausage and some Shallots to the recipe. It was a HIT!! I will definitely be making this again for additional family and friends!
It was quick & easy to make it also tasted very good no left overs we knocked it out. I will continue to make this. Thank you for sharing
I made this today. I like to try recipes as written the first time but the 1 Tablespoon of salt sounds like a lot to me so I used 1 teaspoon of salt and it was perfect. No leftovers I have a new favorite now. Will make again and again! Thanks