1/1 Photo of Rigatoni Al Forno (Baked Rigatoni) with Roasted Asparagus and On
One of my favorite make-after-work dishes. Half an hour and it's done. This dish is not saucy and it's not loaded with cheese. It is, however, healthy and relies on the roasted vegetables and balsamic vinegar for it's flavor. Simple and delicious one-dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onions, in large chunks
- 3/4 lb rigatoni pasta (or similar tube-shaped pasta)
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- extra balsamic vinegar, for passing
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; put a large pot of water on to boil.
- 2Pour olive oil into a 9x13 glass baking dish; break up onion chunks, add to pan and stir to coat in oil; leave pan uncovered, place in oven and roast onions 5 minutes.
- 3Add pasta to boiling water.
- 4After onions have roasted 5 minutes, add asparagus; stir and sprinkle with the salt; spread it all in a single layer and roast 5 more minutes.
- 5Drain pasta when al dente; stir into vegetables and add vinegar, pepper and parmesan; mix well; sprinkle bread crumbs on top; cover with foil and return to oven.
- 6Bake until bread crumbs are brown and crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- 7Serve hot with a cruet of balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rigatoni Al Forno (Baked Rigatoni) with Roasted Asparagus and On
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 559.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g