Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from a sausage wrapper. Haven't had a chance to make it yet.
- 1 lb mild sausage
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 26 ounces of your favorite pasta sauce
- Cook sausage according to package directions.
- While sausage is cooking, boil the rigatoni according to package directions.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil, add garlic, and saute lightly for 30 seconds. Add peppers and cook until tenter but still crisp.
- Slice cooked sausage and combine in pan with pasta sauce and peppers and heat until warm.
- Pour over cooked pasta, top with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- Other options/variations:.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Use crushed tomatoes (canned or fresh) instead of jarred pasta sauce.
- Bring out the full flavor of you chopped red bell peppers by drizzling with olive oil and roasting in the oven on an edged pan at 450 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
Tasty & Quick
Really nice and quick too! Thanks
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!