Recipe by arristeph
A creamy tomato sauce spiked with vodka. This sauce goes well many different types of macaroni. It should be served immediatly for best flavor. Mangia!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with added puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 4 leaves fresh basil, shredded
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute proscuito garlic onion and red pepper flakes in butter and olive oil until garlic is light gold and onions soften.
- Add tomatoes, vodka, green peas and season with salt black pepper and basil bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add heavy cream and pecorino cheese and stir to blend.
- Cook through for 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta with grated cheese.