Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is fashioned after my favorite at Angelo's Restaurant in Wichita, Kansas. It is a great way to use leftover meatballs or Italian sausage. Also delicious with vegetarian Italian sausage.
- 1 package rigatoni pasta
- 1 -2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheese (monterray jack, provolone, etc.)
- 6 -8 leftover meatballs, sliced
- 6 cups of homemade marinara sauce or 1 1⁄2 jars purchased marinara sauce (such as Paul Newman's)
- Cook rigatoni until barely al dente, drain well.
- Mix ricotta with 1-2 cups of the marinara.
- In a deep baking dish, pour one cup of marinara.
- Stir remainder of marinara in with rigatoni.
- Put a 1 inch or so layer of pasta/sauce in dish.
- Dot ricotta/sauce mixture on top, sprinkle meatball slices and shredded cheese.
- Continue layering until all ingredients are used.
- Cover dish tightly.
- Bake at 325* for 45 minutes.
- Uncover last 15 minutes.