Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Simple Italian pasta dish. Great tomato sauce, the long cooking time gives it great flavour. Got it from the Sopranos cookbook and modifided it a bit.
- 500 g Italian pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 liter white wine
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 liters pured tomatoes
- 3 -4 leaves basil
- 500 g rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 liter freshly grated pecorini cheese
- Remove the skin from the sausages and finely chop the meat.
- Heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add sausage an garlic and fry until onion is soft.
- Add wine and let it boil until all the wine is gone.
- Add tomatoes, salt and peppar to taste.
- Let it simmer for 75-90 minutes.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Mix sauce and pasta in ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkel with pecorini cheese and put in oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10-15.
- Serve with arugula sallad and a nice bottle of red wine.