Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
When we are in the mood for a quick hamburger helper kind of thing, I use this. The cream of mushroom soup softens the tomato taste. Add onions when browning beef, if desired. From HY-VEE cookbook, Jane Dixon, Algona, IA.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned,chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned,diced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Brown ground beef, Drain well.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and favorite seasonings.
- Layer half of rigatoni noodles on bottom of baking dish.
- Top with half of meat sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cheese and mushroom soup.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours at 300*.
This is a very easy family meal. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, I used alfredo sauce and it tastes awesome.