Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was scrambling to make something to go with an "interestingly" spiced roast that my mum made, and came up with this combination of spices for potatoes You don't really need to cut the potatoes into wedges or any particlar shape, I never do. just make sure the lumps are around the same size
- 5 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice, cube or chop the peeled potatoes into whatever shape you feel like making them.
- Rinse then thoroughly in cold water, drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add oil and toss the potatoes around so they are evenly coated.
- Add all of the spices and the cheese and toss so they are evenly coated.
- Place on a baking pan in one layer (preferably lined) and bake for around 30-40 minutes, depending on person preference of potato texture.
- Suggestions! It's really really handy to line the pan before you bake them, or else you will have a sticky baked on mess on your pans that takes an awful lot of elbow grease to get rid of. You could add lemon juice to the potatoes to give them an extra fresh taste.
Loved it the spice was on point, I cooked in a well seasoned cast iron skillet, made clean up a breeze
Thanks for posting. Theses were good. TIP: If you make these just make sure that your spice mix or Mrs. Dash or what you use doesn't already have pepper as an ingredient, if so, don't put in the pepper called for. If you do it is too much for alot of people. I followed the recipe as written and it was a nice way to use up potatoes and make a fast side dish. Next time I will spray some cooking spray to combat sticking to pan or aluminum foil. I will make this again with different seasoning mixes. It was super easy but clean up is messy. Enjoy! ChefDLH
These were great! I love oven roasted potatoes and this was a nice spice combo. I had 6 or 7 medium red potatoes that were on their way out so wanted to use them before they grew into full size plants lol. I didn't actually measure any of the seasonings or oil, just sprinkled them on until it looked good. Thanks for the recipe!