Recipe by mmm...donuts
As stated above, this recipe is really easy, but it is yummy. I've even eaten these cold as finger food at a picnic.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Loved the ease of prep AND the great taste, DH - who does not usually care about veggies at all stated that he liked these and went back for seconds. I too used frozen that I microwaved for just 2 minutes & then followed the directions. A great tasting and fast side that I'll be using often.
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss green beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until bright green and still crunchy.
- Drain and "shock" in ice water to stop cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Olive oil cooking spray works just as well, if you want to shave a few calories.
- Add beans and saute for 1-2 minutes, until heated through. It's okay if some of the beans brown up a bit.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Squeeze lemon halves over the beans and toss to coat.
- Add salt to taste. (I omit this step).