Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
As stated above, this recipe is really easy, but it is yummy. I've even eaten these cold as finger food at a picnic.
- Toss green beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until bright green and still crunchy.
- Drain and "shock" in ice water to stop cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Olive oil cooking spray works just as well, if you want to shave a few calories.
- Add beans and saute for 1-2 minutes, until heated through. It's okay if some of the beans brown up a bit.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Squeeze lemon halves over the beans and toss to coat.
- Add salt to taste. (I omit this step).
Loved the ease of prep AND the great taste, DH - who does not usually care about veggies at all stated that he liked these and went back for seconds. I too used frozen that I microwaved for just 2 minutes & then followed the directions. A great tasting and fast side that I'll be using often.
This makes a quick and easy side dish. I used frozen beans in place of the fresh and they were microwaved and then put in the warmed olive oil. The cooked beans were topped off with freshly ground salt and pepper.