Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake gets its flavor from Guava Paste.
Make and share this Ridiculously Easy Guava Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (Duncan Hines brand, Or any brand of white cake mix...)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil (Vegetable or any flavorless cooking oil)
- 3 tablespoons guava paste
- 1 teaspoon food coloring (red)
- 2 teaspoons food coloring (blue)
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) can white frosting (Any brand)
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Seperate the egg whites from the yolks. This will give you a true white cake. Do this into a bowl.
- Add the food colorings to the water then pour it into the bowl.
- Add the guava paste, then dump in the entire contents of the cake mix.
- Beat the mixture until it comes together to a nice batter -- Look! It's purple -- Go ahead and beat it for around three minutes or until it really comes together.
- Spray two 9 inch cake pans with non stick cooking spray and pour the batter in equal amounts into the pan. Doesn't it smell so -- Tropical?.
- Cook for around 30-35 minutes. If a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean then it's done!
- Let it cool, then frost away!