Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this from the Kraft Canada website. I was looking for a way to simulate creme brulee without all the work. This is a very easy, tasty treat.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix or 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- brown sugar
- Pour milk and cream into a mixing bowl and add pudding mix.
- Whisk until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a large baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Broil until sugar melts and bubbles.
This was very tasty and just as easy as it says. I would make some suggestions. 1. Use a sifter to sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the pudding 2. Halve the recipe if you can't eat it at one setting - the sugar dissolves over night in the fridge. 3. After mine had cooled a bit I stuck it into the fridge to get the sugar to harden - but not for very long (see 2) Good recipe and one I will use again. Thanks!
This was not too great. Sorry. It was a bit too rich, and the topping was sort of bland. A nice shrtcut, though!
This was very esay to make and tasted great! As mentioned in other reviews this dessert does not store well after the brown sugar has been carmelized. In light of that, even after the top went runny it still tasted great... I wonder if it is possible to make the "pudding" part - store it and then carmelize the sugar right before serving? Has anyone tried that?