Recipe by Abby Girl
Five ingredients, including salt and pepper! I was visiting my DS and she presented this "way too easy" recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. I used a bag of Oriental frozen vegetables with water chestnuts and baby corn. I always have cooked chicken on hand (Recipe #286497), so this meal was put together in a matter of 5 minutes. Get creative with the different types of frozen veggies and soups available. This would be perfect for OMAC as the casserole could be made up ahead of time, adding the puff pastry at the end. This recipe was requested by my DD to be put on the Favorite List rotation!
- 1 frozen oriental-style vegetables, thawed
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mushroom soup or 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup or 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of broccoli soup or 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of potato soup
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 397 g puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, add the frozen vegetables to a 8 x 8 baking dish. Add enough frozen chicken to fill the dish. Cover and thaw in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, add a can of soup and season with salt and pepper or any other seasonings that is desired (it was at this point I did cut the veggies down to bit size pieces).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Top with puff pastry. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until pastry is cooked and lightly browned. Let sit for 5 - 10 minutes, depending on size of vegetables (some really retain their heat).
- OMAC: Combine the soup, vegetables and chicken. Mix well. Arrange in an 8 x 8 cooking dish. Freeze. Once it is frozen, remove the veggie/chicken from the cooking dish and wrap in freezer wrap. Mark with date and use within 1 - 2 months. To use: Defrost in the fridge and continue with Step 3.