Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
You will be totally amazed that so little effort involved can yield such a delicious chicken meal! A good "emergency" quick meal... or an "I don't-feel-like-cooking-today" day. I have even taken this dish to family reunions with ridiculously lavish compliments! I make sure that the ingredients for this recipe are stocked in my pantry at all times. I think you will too...
- 1 can mixed vegetables, with liquid
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, diced (or you may use canned chunk chicken, drained)
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Stir together in a medium bowl: the mixed vegetables (and liquid), soup, chicken and croutons.
- Spoon into a vegetable oil-sprayed 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly on top.
- Add cheese as topping.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with a crisp salad.
Great Job! Another crowd pleaser here at the house of 8! The only thing I will do next time is mix some cheese in with the entire mixture, and some on top. Great make ahead!
This was really easy to make and came out tasting really good as well. I was really skeptical of the croutons, but it turned out fantastic. This dish reheats really well. Also I served it alone, but when my roommate reheated it, she mixed it with some rice. I found it a touch salty, but my roommate said it was great!