Recipe by Fauve
You will be totally amazed that so little effort involved can yield such a delicious chicken meal! A good "emergency" quick meal... or an "I don't-feel-like-cooking-today" day. I have even taken this dish to family reunions with ridiculously lavish compliments! I make sure that the ingredients for this recipe are stocked in my pantry at all times. I think you will too...
Top Review by FaithfulCookInNC
Great Job! Another crowd pleaser here at the house of 8! The only thing I will do next time is mix some cheese in with the entire mixture, and some on top. Great make ahead!
- 1 can mixed vegetables, with liquid
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, diced (or you may use canned chunk chicken, drained)
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together in a medium bowl: the mixed vegetables (and liquid), soup, chicken and croutons.
- Spoon into a vegetable oil-sprayed 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly on top.
- Add cheese as topping.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with a crisp salad.