Recipe by mamaDlicious
A healthy chili con carne chock full of veggies. Very easy to prepare and tastes fantastic, a really good dish on busy weeknights where you run low on time and still want to serve your family a healthy delicious meal! Also a real kidpleaser. Of course you can omit the meat and add extra beans or different veggies.. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (low sodium)
- 400 g minced beef (low fat) or 400 g chicken or 400 g turkey
- 1 squash
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- corn (frozen)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- cumin (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- low fat creme fraiche
- low fat shredded cheese (any kind you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and garlic and sautee in some oil/butter, add the meat. Chop all you veggies up and add them to the meat, when softened a bit add the can tomatoes and the can of kidneybeans (rinse them before adding!) add cumin and cayenne to taste.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of low fat cremefraiche and low fat cheese sprinkled on top.
- You can additionally serve whole wheat pitabread on the side (my 4 yr old loves to make crisps of the pita in the oven and then use them to dip with).
- *NOTE* You don't have to serve small children low fat products! They need some fats in their diet.