Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I posted this in response to someone looking for a dessert. These are simple, inexpensive, and sooo delicious! I don't really know how much these make because I usually buy the wrappers that are on sale, and the packages vary from 10 to 12 ounces.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (miniature ones work really well)
- 15 wonton wrappers
- powdered sugar (optional)
- unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each won ton wrapper (a cookie scooper is the perfect amount and makes this step much easier). Wet edges of wrapper with water and seal tightly, making sure you get as much air out as possible. Fry in very hot oil until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain in paper towel-lined bowl.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cocoa, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
We had these for grand daughters graduation and they are so good.I forgot to get the recipe.So Thanks for posting. Schoo; cooker