Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here it is, my DH has decided to give it up .... that is his recipe for his famous Chili Beans. Ric has been making this dish for as long as I've known him. The one dish everyone requests for potlucks, family gatherings or just a warm week night dinner. I'm not a big Chili fan, but these are the best and In under 30 minutes makes this quick warm and definite comfort food.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (Ravens or Lawrys)
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- chopped onion
- jalapeno, slices
- On Medium high heat brown ground beef in a skillet or dutch oven.
- Add 1/4 tsp blk pepper and the onion salt with seasoned salt. Drain.
- Add beans and tomato sauce, chili powder and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Seve as a side to meat or serve in bowls as a meal.
- We enjoy saltine crackers, chips or tortillas with this chili.
Wow, this was a delicious dinner. Of course it was even more delicious because V's husband Ric prepared it for us! ;) Terrific flavour, not to spicy, with just the right kick, this was a great meal, we totally loved it! Of course we will be making this ourselves and thinking of Ric everytime we do! Thanks Ric and V for a great dinner :)
I have had this made by Chef V's DH and finally have the chance to make it at home now that it is posted. Made as directed and my family has devoured it - as anticipated! Perfect, easy recipe that will be repeated frequently through Fall and Winter - we had this with corn muffins, and will have it next on Chili dogs! Lots of ways to use this! Thanks for posting! **Made for November 2008 Beverage Tag**