Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
Here it is, my DH has decided to give it up .... that is his recipe for his famous Chili Beans. Ric has been making this dish for as long as I've known him. The one dish everyone requests for potlucks, family gatherings or just a warm week night dinner. I'm not a big Chili fan, but these are the best and In under 30 minutes makes this quick warm and definite comfort food.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Wow, this was a delicious dinner. Of course it was even more delicious because V's husband Ric prepared it for us! ;) Terrific flavour, not to spicy, with just the right kick, this was a great meal, we totally loved it! Of course we will be making this ourselves and thinking of Ric everytime we do! Thanks Ric and V for a great dinner :)
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (Ravens or Lawrys)
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- chopped onion
- jalapeno, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- On Medium high heat brown ground beef in a skillet or dutch oven.
- Add 1/4 tsp blk pepper and the onion salt with seasoned salt. Drain.
- Add beans and tomato sauce, chili powder and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Seve as a side to meat or serve in bowls as a meal.
- We enjoy saltine crackers, chips or tortillas with this chili.