Recipe by MissChief
A bruschetta recipe from a local restaurant. I'm putting it here more for myself than for anything else. At least, I'll know where to find it. BTW, the recipe makes a restaurant sized batch. Total amount of finished product is approximate. Cooking time is for the french bread toasts and is approximate.
- 20 -24 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, fine diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove cores from tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise and remove all seeds. Dice finely and place in a bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- To serve, butter slices of french bread; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and broil until crisp but not dried out. Scoop bruschetta with a spoon, squeezing to remove some of the liquid. Arrange on toasts; garnish with a parsley sprig and shaved asiago cheese.