Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from the Whole Foods market website and posted for ZWT. "Sweet and healthful, this dessert bridges the seasons between summer and autumn by combining crisp pears with Italian ricotta cheese whipped with raw honey. A delectable way to celebrate the changing seasons." Sounds wonderful and light, for after a summer supper. **Cook/prep time does NOT include 2 hour refrigeration time.
- Blend ricotta, honey and vanilla extract in a food processor until smooth; transfer to a bowl.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate until ricotta mixture is slightly set, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, slice pears lengthwise into wide sections; gently toss pear slices in a small bowl with lemon juice.
- Divide ricotta mixture among 6 wineglasses.
- Top with pear slices and serve.
What a great way to use up leftover ricotta. Made just as directed and served for breakfast. Yummmm. Made for ZWT Shady Ladies.
Loved this light and luscious ricotta cream. Pears are out of season now, and not very nice, but I had prepared some strawberries in balsamic vinegar and served this. It looked spectacular on the plate and tasted great - maybe better than the pears! Thanks, alli. :-)
We really enjoyed dipping red and green Anjou pears in this sweet cream. Very easy to make and the honey pares very well with the pears. Made as written. Thanks so much for the post.