1/1 Photo of Ricotta-Walnut Sauce for Pasta (Lighter Version)
You can add any vegetable to this sauce if you'd like to add some color, such as broccoli, cut green beans, asparagus or garnish of cherry tomatoes. Taken from the 15-Minute Gourmet "Noodles" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (preferably toasted)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1Put all of the ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil, into a food processor; process until the mixture is a slightly chunky puree.
- 2Transfer to a small saucepan.
- 3Stir over low heat until warm (Do not let sauce come to a boil).
- 4toss with hot, freshly cooked pasta in a large pot over low heat.
- 5Remove from the heat, toss in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil.
- 6Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta-Walnut Sauce for Pasta (Lighter Version)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese