Recipe by jonesies
You can add any vegetable to this sauce if you'd like to add some color, such as broccoli, cut green beans, asparagus or garnish of cherry tomatoes. Taken from the 15-Minute Gourmet "Noodles" cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (preferably toasted)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil, into a food processor; process until the mixture is a slightly chunky puree.
- Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until warm (Do not let sauce come to a boil).
- toss with hot, freshly cooked pasta in a large pot over low heat.
- Remove from the heat, toss in the Parmesan cheese, parsley and basil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately.