Recipe by sofie-a-toast
Got this is a recipe exchange from my cousin! This is sort of like a deconstructed white veggie lasagna.
- 16 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus spear, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic, divided
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheese, divided (italian-style blend)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 13x9 in baking pan. Cook rigatoni in a large pot of boiling water 8-10min. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook and stir until soft. Add asparagus, artichoke hearts and 1 tsp of garlic. Cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked pasta. Pour into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, 1 cup of cheese, basil, milk and remaining garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread over pasta mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve hot.