Recipe by internetnut
From the Art Of The Slow Cooker. I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices challah, each 1 1/4-inches thick, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup milk
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Add bread and raisins to dish. Pour milk over top; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Mix together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla. Pour ricotta mixture over bread; mix lightly. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoons butter over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover dish with aluminum foil; place in slow cooker bowl. Fill bowl with boiling water to reach 1-inch up the side of dish.
- Cover top of slow cooker with a dish towel; top with lid. Cook for 2 1/2 hours on high or until internal temperature registers 140 on an instant read thermometer. Cool at least 20 minutes.