Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 sweet tart pastry dough, plus enough for lattice top (see Mean Chef's Sweet Tart Dough)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 3⁄4 ounces white chocolate, grated
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- egg yolk, wash
- Mix ricotta, eggs, sugar and liquer.
- Add almonds, chocolate and zest.
- Pour into unbaked tart shell.
- Make lattice top.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.
I don't enjoy giving bad reviews but I must be honest. This just does not agree with my tastes at all. The crust itself was very good but I did not like the filling. I guess I was expecting a richer cream cheese kind of filling and a more strong chocolate taste. The texture of the filling was also well a little loose and creepy. I think I just do not care for ricotta based desserts. I'm sure many people would like this -- especially those looking for something a bit lighter.