Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Not sure where I got this but it makes a light lunch or quick snack. Sometimes I even have it for breakfast. I prefer whole wheat pita but feel free to use white.
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pita bread
- 2 -4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Carefully slice open the pita so that you have two rounds and place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread each pita round with 1-2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture onto each round.
- Place under the grill until heated and the pita starts to brown, about 5 minutes.