Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not sure where I got this but it makes a light lunch or quick snack. Sometimes I even have it for breakfast. I prefer whole wheat pita but feel free to use white.
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pita bread
- 2 -4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, olive oil, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Carefully slice open the pita so that you have two rounds and place on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread each pita round with 1-2 tablespoons of ricotta cheese.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture onto each round.
- Place under the grill until heated and the pita starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
A very tasty and easy to assemble pizza using ingredients I always have around. It will definitely be made often for a quick and healthy lunch.
Love simple and tasty recipes and yours fit the bill!! :) Used whole-wheat tortilla instead of pita. This is perfect for a light lunch! Thanks CulinaryQueen! :)
I love this! I made this twice - once with ricotta and once with cottage cheese. I prefer cottage cheese on mine, just as a personal preference. I also used a whole wheat pita. I used fresh basil and dried oregano (fresh would definitely have been better). I also cut down on the olive oil and didn't have a problem. I just barely drizzled some oil on my tomatoes and all the spices still stuck to the tomatoes. This was so quick and easy for a weeknight meal, this is definitely going to become a great standby recipe for me! Thanks CulinaryQueen!