Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a pretty reddish orange colored bread. Sweet and tasty. You can use store bought sun dried tomatoes in oil with herbs and garlic which gives the bread lots of flavor and a wonderful aroma. Leftovers makes great toast, croutons a savory bread pudding, grilled and brushed with garlic oil.
- 78.07 ml milk
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped (Oven-Dried Herbed Tomatoes)
- 29.58 ml oil, from the prepared tomatoes
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 12.32 ml bread machine yeast
- Place all of the ingredients into the bread machine except the yeast. Pour the yeast into the yeast compartment (or follow the specific directions for your bread machine).
- Bake the bread on the basic cycle.
- Alternate method:.
- Or set cycle for dough setting remove, shape and place on lightly oil pan let rise 1 hour covered with plastic wrap.
- Brush top with an egg and water glaze sprinkle with rice flour or sea salt and bake at 350 degree 35-40 minutes till when tapped on has a hollow sound.
Super bread recipe! I used store bought sun dried tomatoes and the bread machine version of the recipe. The end result is a really moist bread that has a subtle sweetness. I loved the reddish orange color, it was beautiful on the plate!