Prep 5 mins
Cook 38 mins
I love to use these as an appetizer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 French baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Cook celery, green pepper, onion, garlic, paprika and chili powder 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste and season as desired.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and finish cooking 5 minutes.
- Slice each bread half into 3 pieces and toast in oven.
- Place bread on cookie sheet or ovenproof platter.
- Spoon tomato mixture over the top with ricotta cheese.
- Broil 3-4 minutes or until melted.
- Serve immediately.