Recipe by **Jubes**
A delicious light meal with a salad. Great to take on picnics to serve instead of sandwiches or bread. Can be lightly heated and served warm. Recipe from Australian Coeliac Society Magazine Nov/Dec 09 Cooking time does not include chill time in the fridge
Top Review by Katzen
This torte is as beautiful as it is delicious - and simple to make, besides. It smells divine and irresistable when it comes out of the oven! I used a pint of multi colured tomatoes which only added to the visual and taste appeal. I finished it with a fresh grinding of tri-colour pepper. Thanks so much, Jubes, for posting this, and CG, for putting this in your Best of 2010 Book, I'm so glad I got to try it. I'm putting this one in my Best of 2011 Book, too.
- 500 g low fat fresh ricotta
- 100 g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch fresh basil, finely shredded
- 375 g grape tomatoes or 375 g cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (360°F ) Oil side and line with baking paper the base of 20cm springform tin.
- Beat ricotta, feta, eggs and garlic until smooth. Stir in basil.
- Put into prepared tin and smooth top. Arrange tomatoes on top cut-side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until set and golden.
- Cool completely before putting in fridge for at least1 hour to firm.