Recipe by Tarrich
This is a vegetarian pasta dish but you can add meat to your tomato sauce for the meat lovers.
- 35 jumbo pasta shells
- 30 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain shells.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, egg, salt and nutmeg until combined. Stuff into cooked and drained pasta shells.
- Layer in baking pan with your favorite pasta sauce and top with remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until heated through.