Recipe by Dee514
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms is a bit different than the usual, as it has a ricotta cheese stuffing. They are a wonderful appetizer which can be served hot or cold.
- 8 -12 large fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- romano cheese or parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from cleaned mushrooms, and chop fine.
- Soak bread in milk and squeeze dry.
- Mix together chopped stems, bread, garlic, parsley, eggs, ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms, filled side up, in a buttered baking dish.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over mushrooms and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.