Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms is a bit different than the usual, as it has a ricotta cheese stuffing. They are a wonderful appetizer which can be served hot or cold.
- 8 -12 large fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- romano cheese or parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from cleaned mushrooms, and chop fine.
- Soak bread in milk and squeeze dry.
- Mix together chopped stems, bread, garlic, parsley, eggs, ricotta, salt and pepper.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms, filled side up, in a buttered baking dish.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over mushrooms and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
These were delicious, I only had 6 large mushrooms, used only one egg and topped with Parmesan. Thanks for posting.
Delicious! Little bit runny, not to bad though!!! First recipe ive tried so far for stuffed mushrooms...love it...yummmm
They tasted good, but the texture was a little too runny for my liking. I would recommend using only one egg if you're used to a filling that's mostly bread.