Recipe Junkie's Note:
From Dave Lieberman's show, Good Deal on the Food Network. From Dave Lieberman: "These are the new pigs in the blanket and way better. They're a classic tapas but they never get old. And I spruced them up just a bit with a touch of ricotta cheese."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- toothpick, a bamboo skewer for removing pits
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Cut the bacon in half lengthwise to make twice as many slices.
- 3Set aside.
- 4To remove the pits from the dates, cut the tips off each end of the dates and insert the flat end of the skewer until it pushes the pit out of the date.
- 5Repeat with remaining dates.
- 6Place the ricotta in the bottom corner of a strong plastic bag and seal tightly.
- 7Use scissors to cut a small hole in the tip of 1 of the corners.
- 8Now use the bag like a piping bag to fill the dates with the cheese.
- 9Wrap the ricotta stuffed dates with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick through the belly of the date.
- 10Arrange all the prepared dates on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing at least a little space between each one for good browning.
- 11Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy.
- 12Remove from the baking sheet and gently remove toothpicks.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 642.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g