Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Ricotta-Strawberry Napoleons recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese (such as Calabro)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Place almonds in a mini chopper; process until finely ground. Add granulated sugar; pulse to combine.
- 3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 phyllo sheet on pan (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying). Combine butter and oil; brush lightly over phyllo. Sprinkle phyllo sheet with about 1 1/2 tablespoons almond mixture. Top with another phyllo sheet; brush lightly with butter mixture, and sprinkle with remaining almond mixture. Top with 1 phyllo sheet; brush lightly with butter mixture, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut phyllo into 15 (3 x 2 3/4-inch) pieces. Separate phyllo pieces on baking sheet. Cover the phyllo with another sheet of parchment paper. Top with another baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove top baking sheet and parchment paper. Cool phyllo on a wire rack.
- 4. Combine ricotta and honey. Combine berries, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and liqueur; let stand for 10 minutes. Place 1 phyllo piece on each of 5 dessert plates; top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons ricotta mixture and about 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture. Repeat layers once; top each with 1 phyllo piece.