You can omit the pastry crust to make this a low-carb dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups washed dried and finely chopped spinach leaves (I've also used frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with good results)
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom (cultivated or wild)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 pastry dough, for a 10 inch (for quiche or tart pan)
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Mix spinach, mushrooms and green onions in a bowl.
- 3Line quiche or tart pan with pastry, pressing and trimming to fit.
- 4Spoon vegetable mixture into pastry shell, pressing lightly with fingers to flatten evenly into crust.
- 5Combine ricotta, milk and eggs; stir in nutmeg, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour over spinach mixture.
- 7Bake quiche until it is lightly browned and set, 30-40 minutes.
- 8Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- 9Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta-Spinach Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 197.9 mg
- Sodium 630.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 24.6 g