1/1 Photo of Ricotta-spinach-mushroom Quiche
Hey Jude's Note:
This is really nice for a healthy, meatless meal. Use whatever crust you'd like....homemade or store-bought. I usually serve a salad or soup with this quiche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups washed dried and finely chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 10-inch pie shell (for quiche or tart pan)
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2Mix spinach, mushrooms and green onions in a bowl; line a quiche or tart pan with pastry, pressing and trimming to fit; spoon vegetable mixture into pastry shell, pressing lightly to flatten evenly into crust.
- 3Combine ricotta, milk and eggs; stir in nutmeg, tarragon, rosemary and pepper to taste; pour over spinach mixture.
- 4Bake quiche until it is lightly browned and set, 30-40 minutes; a knife inserted into the center of the custard should come out clean.
- 5Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta-spinach-mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g