Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This tastes just as rich an creamy as if it were made with cream cheese or sour cream. It can be made one day in advance. Found in one of the Moosewood cookbooks. ENJOY!
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (3/4 pound)
- 1 lb ricotta cheese (can use fat free)
- 3 -4 scallions or 3 -4 green onions, very finely minced or 1 cup fresh chives, finely minced
- 5 -6 healthy radishes, finely minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced water chestnut (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- olive (optional)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Stem the spinach and clean it thoroughly.
- Dry completely using a salad spiner and mince fine.
- Place the ricotta in a medium large bowl.
- Use a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat until quite smooth (or use the kitchen aid mixer) Stir in the spinach and all other ingredients, except garnishes.
- Cover tightly and chill until very cold.
- Serve with chips, raw veggies, or good crackers.