Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I have had for ages and don't know where I originally got it from but have posted because of a request on the threads. It does work.
- 709.77 ml fresh spinach leaves, steamed,drained and finely chopped (about 1/2 to 3/4 cooked)
- 473.18 ml ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml of grated parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- salt and pepper
- 59.16 ml of finely chopped fresh basil
- 473.18-709.77 ml of your favourite tomato sauce (home made or bought)
- 118.29 ml of grated fresh parmesan cheese, for topping
- 141.74 g of purchased lasagna sheets, fresh
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
- Preheat your oven to about 180d C.
- Place about 1/3rd cup of filling into the centre of each pasta sheet and roll into a cylinder.
- When all sheets are filled place a cup of the sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 inch pan and then lay the cannelloni's on top of it.
- After all have been assembled spread the remaining sauce on top then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake about 30 mins until they are bubbling and golden then let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This was very easy to make and delicious. The only thing maybe I'll do next time is add a little pasta sauce on the base of the dish as the lasagne stuck a little. I also think I didn't use enough tomato sauce (400 grams of Barilla Olive (my favourite)). However nobody noticed as we finished the whole thing in one night. Thank you Latchy (RIP)
The whole family loved this - even the kids who has a problem with 'green'. Highly-recommended.
Great base recipe! I added ground oregano and garlic powder. Next time I will add sauteed mushrooms and fresh minced garlic.