This is a modified recipe from Rachel Ray's 365 No Repeats cookbooks. I modified it to have less fat and be somewhat healthier. A Yummy Portabella Burger with carmelized onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces portabella mushroom caps
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon caponata (can substitute tomato paste)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup large black olives, chopped (or kalamata)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (or kaiser rolls if you prefer)
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1Marinate portabella caps in balsamic vinegar and 2 TBSP EVOO then bake in oven for 12 minutes on 450 degrees.
- 2Slice onions, cook over med high heat in remaining oil for a few minutes til turning gold. Season with salt and pepper. Add olives and chicken broth.
- 3Meanwhile, mix pesto with ricotta and spoon over portabella mushrooms, heat one more minute.
- 4Toast bread, layer portabella mushroom caps with pancetta, onions and top of bread or bun. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Smothered Mushroom "burgers"
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 714.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: