Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a modified recipe from Rachel Ray's 365 No Repeats cookbooks. I modified it to have less fat and be somewhat healthier. A Yummy Portabella Burger with carmelized onions.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces portabella mushroom caps
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon caponata (can substitute tomato paste)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup large black olives, chopped (or kalamata)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted (or kaiser rolls if you prefer)
- 4 slices pancetta
- Marinate portabella caps in balsamic vinegar and 2 TBSP EVOO then bake in oven for 12 minutes on 450 degrees.
- Slice onions, cook over med high heat in remaining oil for a few minutes til turning gold. Season with salt and pepper. Add olives and chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, mix pesto with ricotta and spoon over portabella mushrooms, heat one more minute.
- Toast bread, layer portabella mushroom caps with pancetta, onions and top of bread or bun. Enjoy!