Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Real Simple.
- 2 sandwich buns, such as kaiser rolls
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 450º F. Slice the rolls in half horizontally.Hollow them out by removing most of the soft crumb from the tops and bottoms.
- Distribute the mozzarella evenly inside each of the 4 hollowed-out halves. Place 1/3 cup of the ricotta into each bottomhalf.
- Top each bottom half with 3 basil leaves. Put the 2 halves of the rolls back together and wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Bake until the outsides are crispy and the cheeses are melted, 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Slice in half and serve.
Excellent! I needed to make something quick for a crowd, so I used a large loaf of French bread. I also used Smoked Mozzarella cheese because I had it available. I added some chopped Kalamata olives to the Ricotta because I use olives whenever I can (I just love them). Of course, I had to increase the amount of ingredients due to the type of bread. This was so delicious, simple and quick to make. This is definitely a new favorite. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the birth of you new little one.