Prep 30 mins
Cook 21 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, cheese, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 17-21 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.