1/1 Photo of Ricotta Pound Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Adapted from, a recipe from Dolce Italiano. Flavor is best the next day. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if you like. I like pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1350°F (177°C).
- 2Place oven rack in the center position.
- 3Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- 4Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 5In a large stand mixer bowl, cream together the butter, ricotta, and sugar, then adding eggs, one at a time, allowing each to incorporate before adding the next. Add vanilla.
- 6Set mixer speed to low, and gradually add the dry ingredients. Once added, allow the batter to mix for 30 seconds or so.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the batter.
- 8Bake the cake on the center rack for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 325°F (160°C) and bake about 25-60 minutes more, or until cake springs back from touch and has slightly pulled away from pan sides, and a toothpick comes out clean (baking time is approximate: the amount of water in the ricotta determines the baking time in the end).
- 9Cool the cake inside the loaf pan for 15 minutes before removing. Allow the cake to finish cooling outside the pan from then on.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4012.2
- Calories from Fat 1818
- Total Fat 202.0 g
- Saturated Fat 123.0 g
- Cholesterol 1112.2 mg
- Sodium 3201.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 476.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 302.7 g
- Protein 78.7 g