New for us this year, a tribute to Steve, my daughter's friend:). May be easily doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add eggs, flour, cheese, and onion.
- 2Add potato and season.
- 3In heavy saucepan add: 5 cups apples, sliced and diced, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, etc. and 1/2 cup water.
- 4bring to boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until thickened.
- 5bring to room temp or refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Cook quickly to retain flavor and shape on medium-high for 10 minutes, then lower to simmer for 10-30 minutes; simmer to low to keep warm, high for 5 minutes.
- 7Heat skillet.
- 8Add 1/4 cup latkas at a time, cook until brown on both sides, a few mins/batch, drain on paper towels.
- 9Keep warm, serve with applesauce.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Potato Latkes With Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g