Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from the "Sopranos Cookbook" Plan ahead this pie needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. This pie is nothing short of amazing! The pineapple topping can be doubled and used for topping cheesecakes as well.
Top Review by patriciachef
i have been looking for this forever,well it seems like forever i am a sopranos maniac and being in australia i was unable to find the book anywhere thankyou kitten for the recipe its awesome lovely and smooth and deliciously sweet with yummy pineapple only thing i did different is make a sweet basic shortcrust pastry for the base as we dont get graham crackers here 5 stars yum yum yum cheers Patricia
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup fine graham cracker crumbs, plus
- 2 tablespoons fine graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (if you prefer a sweeter filling then add in a couple tablespoons more sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can sweetened crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9-inch pie pan.
- For the crust; spread the 1 tablespoon softened butter evenly over the bottom of the pie dish.
- Sprinkle the graham crumbs over the butter and turn the pan to coat the bottom and sides (if you are using the sugar with the crumbs, mix together first before sprinkling in the pan.
- For the ricotta filling; in a large bowl stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add in the ricotta, eggs, whipping cream, lemon zest and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until the pie is set around the edges but the center is still slightly soft.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- To make the pineapple topping; drain the pineapple over a fine mesh strainer (RESERVE 1/2 cup of the juice).
- In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in the reserved 1/2 cup juice and the lemon juice; cook stirring until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Add/mix in the pineapple.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Spread the pineapple mixture over the pie.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving (or longer).