Recipe by ~jb4~
This is an Old Family friend recipe. She makes it at Easter and Christmas only. I had it at my Baby shower and there was none left it was that good. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by crazy lady with 12 cats
i tried this recipe for our family easter dinner. unfortunately, it sank like the heavy dish it was. I am sorry but we found it to be bland, heavy, gritty in texture, and eggy in flavor, almost like a cheesecake went head on with a quiche. we threw over 3/4 of it away, which was a very expensive venture.
- 2 (2 lb) containers ricotta cheese
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box pie crust mix, prepare as directed on box save some for lattice top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat ricotta and eggs together.
- Add vanilla and sugar, mix well.
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with dough.
- Pour batter over.
- Cover with a lattice top with the remaining crust.
- Bake 350 degrees, check after 1 hour, 1 inch in from side with a knife, if clean it is done.
- If not check in increments of 5 minutes until the knife comes out clean.
- You may need a bigger pan, it depends on how runny the ricotta is.
- Let cool on a rack and then cut into 2 inch squares, it is very heavy, a little goes a long way.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.