1 hr 10 mins
Chocolate Flavored Ricotta Pie we traditionally have on Easter and Christmas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups ricotta cheese, well drained,i let it sit in a strainer inside a bowl,for about two hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped,i usually use a high quality one
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients.
- 3Cover and refrigerate while you make the crust.
- 4In a bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
- 5Add the butter and with a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs or pea size balls.
- 6Add the eggs and the ice water, use just enough of the water to form the dough, and mix with your hands until a ball of dough is formed.
- 7Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8Divide the dough in half.
- 9On a floured surface, roll out one half of dough to a 12 inch round.
- 10Fit it into a 9 inch pie dish.
- 11Scoop the filling into the crust.
- 12Roll out second half of dough to slightly smaller round and place it on top of the filling.
- 13Trim the excess dough and pinch the edges to seal them.
- 14With a toothpick, make tiny holes all over the crust.
- 15Brush the top crust with the beaten egg.
- 16Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.
- 17let the pie cool completely and cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricotta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4649.9
- Calories from Fat 2126
- Total Fat 236.2 g
- Saturated Fat 139.0 g
- Cholesterol 1278.1 mg
- Sodium 2093.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 472.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 157.3 g
- Protein 149.4 g