Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy and Delicious! My sister-in-law is famous for her desserts. This dessert is the best Ricotta Pie I've ever tasted - a must try and easy to make.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb ricotta cheese, whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scald milk and butter - let cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth - add cooled milk and butter.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Optional - Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
I didn't know what to expect, but this pie was delicious! The texture is like a custard, or flan, which I love. I tasted the filling after adding the butter/milk mixture, and felt like it wasn't quite sweet enough, so I added more sugar--a bit less than 1/4 of a cup. :)
This was fun! I used part skim ricotta and cream cheese, and it turned out light and fluffy. The crowd enjoyed it!