Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother started making this pie as a way to use leftover cold cuts. It has kind of been evolving. Prosciutto also works well in this pie.
- 1 (3 lb) container ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb salami
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni (have deli person slice meat thick and then cut into chunks)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- Combine all ingredients (except for pastry lined pie plates) in large bowl.
- Pile mixture into pie plates.
- Bake at 350°F for about a hour or until golden brown and set.
Oh My Goodness! This was fantastic!!!!I have had other peoples lame attempts at this dish. I thought they were good till I had the real thing. Very easy to find ingredients, simple instructions, perfect. When I come to NYC I need you to make this and the stufaromanadama (you know what I mean) OK?
This is SO good Richard! Thank you for posting. I did use proscuitto instead of ham (love the stuff) and ricotta cheese...well, yum!
These came out so beautiful. I'm going to an Italian dinner party tonight and I was looking for something different to take. I took the suggestion of adding spinach sauted w/garlic and olive oil to one pie just to make it different. I also used spicy Capicolla instead of the ham. I also put sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkled some parm. cheese on top the last 20 min. of baking. I can't wait to try these tonight! Richard thanks for sharing.