Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different twist to Panna Cotta. This does not include chilling time
Ricotta Panna Cotta
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, slit lengthwise
Basil Balsamic Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 large basil leaves, shredded
- Panna Cotta: In a small bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water. Combine 1 cup of the cream, icing sugar and vanilla bean in a small pot. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Add the gelatin and stir to dissolve. Remove the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the cream.
- Stir the remaining cream and ricotta. Pour into 8 5 - oz ramekins. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Dip each ramekin into hot water, loosen with a knife and turn out onto individual plates.
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries: Hull and cut the strawberries into quarters. Toss with the remaining ingredients.